The Teaching Assistant provides school-based educational, behavioral, and self-care services to individuals who are diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders at Intermountain Academy.
· Education - Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Special Education preferred.
· Experience – Two years of experience as a teaching assistant in a Special Education classroom preferred.
· Regulatory -
o 21 years of age
o Current, valid Arizona Driver’s License, 39 month Motor Vehicle Report and proof of vehicle registration and liability coverage to meet insurance requirements.
o Eligible for DPS Level I fingerprint clearance.
o First Aide, CPR, Crisis Intervention (CPI) certification required (Employer provides)
o Physical examination and negative TB test result on prescribed form. (Employer provides)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
· Technology - Computer literacy to include proficiency with Microsoft Office Systems, Word and Outlook applications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.
· Ability to competently and safely implement verbal and physical components of Crisis Intervention training (CPI).
· Adequate range of body motion and mobility to work in a school or outdoor environment, including standing and walking (even and uneven surfaces), standing for extended periods of time, sitting, kneeling, bending, twisting, reaching, balancing, occasional lifting and carrying of up to 30 pounds; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard or laptop; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
· Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
· Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.