General Summary: The HR Generalist delivers professional HR services and partners closely with HR Director, other HR team members and management. The HR generalist performs duties at a professional level in some or all HR functional areas, including but not limited to: benefits administration, new hire orientation, recruiting, training & development, and HRIS management. This position requires a person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization and is able to communicate ideas and thoughts clearly and concisely. The HR generalist must possess business acumen and is able to build and maintain trust and credibility. The HR Generalist must be able to work in the ‘gray’ and have a long-term, big picture outlook.
· Education and Experience – Related Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of prior HR work experience required, or any similar combination of education and experience. HS/GED required.
· Certification – SHRM-CP certification preferred.
· Regulatory -
o Minimum 21 years of age
o Eligible for DPS Level I fingerprint clearance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Technology - Computer literacy to include proficiency with of Microsoft Office Systems, Word, Outlook , Excel, and PowerPoint applications; demonstrated proficiency with ATS/ Onboarding, HRIS and other related databases.
· English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.
· Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
· Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.