The Behavior Assessment Specialist is responsible for developing ABC Teaching plans and Functional Behavior Assessments, and providing consultation and training to others in the use of teaching and behavior intervention strategies.
• Conduct observations using Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) analysis tools to determine current baseline and function of behavior.
• Analyze data to develop Antecedent/Behavior/Consequence (ABC) Teaching Plan and FBA.
• Develop ABC teaching plan and FBA using ICHD designated forms.
• Provide consultation to CFT/ART teams regarding behavior intervention strategies.
• Train CFT/ ART team how to implement teaching strategies outlined in ABC teaching plan and FBA.
• Set discharge criteria for service and support a generalization plan for CFT/ART team.
• Submit completed FBA’s and Teaching Plans to supervisor for review.
• Complete progress notes using the appropriate codes in Electronic Health Record (EHR) within 24 hours of service.
• Complete daily mileage logs, and submit to supervisor for approval, on a monthly basis.
• Maintain client files in accordance with agency and contractual standards.
• Education – Bachelor’s degree in a field related to Behavioral Health required.
o Master’s degree in Special Education or Applied Behavioral Analysis preferred.
• Professional License or Certification – BCaBA or BCBA license preferred
• Experience - One year full-time direct applied experience working with individuals with challenging behaviors, or applied behavior analysis experience preferred.
o 21 years of age
o Current, valid Arizona Driver’s License, 39 month Motor Vehicle Report and proof of vehicle registration and liability coverage to meet insurance requirements.
o Eligible for DPS Level I fingerprint clearance.
o First Aide, CPR certification (if required Employer provides)
o Prevention and Support training; must pass (Employer provides)
o Initial negative TB test. (Employer provides)